0 Comment(s) 1140 View(s) Recipe
For The Masala Powder
- 2 tsp coriander (Dhania) seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 tsp aniseeds (Saunf)
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek (Methi) seeds
- 2 small sticks cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 3/4 cup masoor dal (split red lentil)
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions (Pyaz)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrots (Gajar)
- 1/2" piece ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (Lehsun)
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (Nariyal ka doodh)
- 1/4 cup cooked rice (Chawal)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions, carrots, ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the masoor dal, tomatoes, masala powder, turmeric powder and 3¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the soup in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain it using a strainer.
- Transfer the purée to a deep non-stick pan, add the coconut milk, rice, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.